Computer Technician NQF LEVEL 5
NQF LEVEL 5
ABOUT THIS PROGRAMME
Upon completion of the qualification students will be expected to provide technical assistance to users, including diagnosing and resolving issues and problems with software, hardware, computer peripheral equipment, networks, databases, systems and the internet. The qualification outcomes cover types of software, hardware, components, upgrading and troubleshooting a computer, formatting and partitioning hard drives, and network topologies. Green technology, maintaining records of daily problems and remedial actions, and prepare evaluations for system performance.
Minimum Admission requirements
An NQF Level 4 qualification.
The South African occupational qualification provides technical assistance to users, including diagnosing and resolving issues and problems with software, hardware, computer peripheral equipment, networks, databases, systems and the Internet. Computer technicians provide assistance to computer users by answering questions, resolving technical problems and maintaining a company’s network, software and computer equipment. They are also called desktop support technicians or computer support specialists. Support can be provided in person, over the phone or online. They address issues ranging from network systems to individual desktop computers.
One year full-time.
- Introduction to Data Communication and Networking
- Basics of Computer Architecture: Hardware
- Basics of Computer Architecture: Software
- Basic Concepts of Sustainable Computer Environment and Green Technologies
- Social Media and Digital Literacy
- End-User Computing
- Business communication and customer services
- Ready for work standards
Practical Skills Modules
- Troubleshoot computer and network faults
- Maintain computer and network security level
- Provide support to end-Users
- Install computer software and hardware
Work Experience Modules
- Respond to user inquiries regarding fault request
- Set-up equipment for users, check operating system performance and ensure proper installation of cables and software
- Processes of maintaining computer systems and peripherals
- Identify the potential green technologies, processes and procedures for cost-effective application and create a sustainable computer environment to reduce e-waste
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken