Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) colleges are an important avenue for post-school education and vocational training and are crucial to job creation, economic growth and the future prosperity of the country.
With approximately 11 000 students enrolled annually, False Bay TVET College has consistently been recognised as one of the best TVET colleges in South Africa. False Bay TVET College will celebrate 20 years of existence, providing top-quality education and training.
The College offers the following full-time study programmes:
Pre-Vocational Learning (PLP)
National Certificates (Vocational) NQF Level 2-4
National Certificates N1-N6
- Electrical (N1-N6)
- Fitting and Turning
- Motor Mechanics
The College has the following intakes during the academic year
- NC(V) study programmes only accept students once a year
- The next intake for NC(V) study programmes will open in August 2023 for January 2024
- There are three intakes throughout the year
- Each level is approximately 10 weeks in duration
This is the traditional Apprentice career path to becoming an artisan. After completing N2, the apprentice will also be required to complete the institutionalised modular training or Competency Based Modular Training (CBMT). These modules are facilitated in 3-4 blocks of 10 weeks (each block being a level). After successful completion and workplace experience, the apprentice may apply for the Trade Test.
N4-N6: BUSINESS STUDIES AND EDUCARE (N5-N6)
- Post Matric Studies N4-N6
- There are two intakes annually: Semester 1 starts in January each year (applications open in August the previous year)
- Semester 2 starts in July each year (applications open in April of that same year)