False Bay TVET College (FBC) has successfully supported access for students with disabilities and special learning needs since 2004.
Inclusive Education is a key service at the College and relates to our core value of Valuing Diversity. Through actively promoting inclusion of students with disabilities we seek to address South Africa’s skills shortage by developing people of merit, regardless of mental or physical disability or special learning needs. By studying at FBC you access an opportunity to become a qualified, employable professional in your chosen field.
WHO CAN ACCESS INCLUSIVE EDUCATION?
Minimum Academic Criteria:
- Pre-Vocational Learning Programme
- Grade 9 for NC(V) / NQF Level 1 Programmes
- Grade 12 for National Diploma Programmes
- Relevant Occupational Programmes
FBC offers Inclusive Education services within a mainstream environment.
Occupational Therapists at FBC can help you determine the suitability of a specific programme to your disability, as well as your support needs.
FBC aims to support students with most disabilities and special learning needs.
We support students with:
- Physical disabilities
- Sensory disabilities (e.g. mild hearing impairment, visual impairment or blindness)
- Mental health conditions
- Learning disabilities (attention deficit disorders, dyslexia and language processing disorders)
While FBC encourages all students with disabilities to apply, we may not be able to accommodate all applicants.