ABOUT THIS PROGRAMME
This qualification provides the student with the opportunity to pursue a career in support in the Information Technology field.
The skills that the graduate will have on completion of the qualification include the ability to:
- Troubleshoot (investigating, diagnosing and solving) the common types of hardware and software problems typically encountered in the day-to-day operations of an organisation
- Install, configure, support and maintain hardware, end-user applications, systems, networks, printers and scanners
- Understand the role of technology in the business context
- Store, manage and retrieve knowledge (data) efficiently and effectively to meet organisational requirements
- Ensure secure information systems that will serve to protect the business from data loss and breaches of integrity
- Plan and undertake scheduled maintenance upgrades
- Talk to clients and computer users to determine the nature of problems
- Repair equipment and replace parts
Minimum Admission requirements
Grade 12 Certificate
- End-User Support Technician
- IT Technician
- Network Technician
- System Administrator
One Year Full-Time.
In this module candidates must demonstrate appropriate technical reporting skills. They must also function appropriately in a change management process within a support team.
Server Installation and Configuration
Students will be exposed to and have hands-on practical experience of installing and configuring servers.
Students will use knowledge of servers to develop administration skills.
Server Configuring Advanced Services
Students will work on advanced server settings like DNS, DHCP, domains, forests and AD RMS.
Desktop Infrastructure Implementation
Set-up images and deploy the images.
Desktop Application Environment Implementation
Create desktop Application environment by planning the enterprise desktop application environment and preparing the environment application distribution.
Emphasis on how enterprise systems management is used to control, monitor and manage IT infrastructure.